If you want to watch some awesome Let's Plays of video games, go to the
home page!
But when it comes to the history of things, I, like you, am going to check Wikipedia before I check most other places.
So, I went to
Wikipedia and discovered that this is the Internet community's stance on the history of "walkthroughs" of video games:
In video games, a walkthrough is a document or video showing a player how to win a game. Walkthroughs date from the earliest text adventures, graphic adventures, and puzzle-adventure games. They are common for role playing games and strategy games. A FAQ provides similar information, but does claim to be comprehensive. A walkthrough variation is "progressive hints." This provides a series of hints, increasingly explicit, to guide the player without completely spoiling the puzzle solving. The player has control which progressively explicit hints are revealed. Walkthroughs are free on the Internet, as opposed to the more involved strategy guides, which are professionally printed with graphics. One form of walkthrough is the humorous "Let's Play", where the player gives running (often humorous) commentary on the game, in the vein of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 is absolutely awesome, by the way. If you've never seen any of the television series before, check it out RIGHT NOW on Netflix streaming.
Popular Posts
-
I've been looking to play a horror/scary/thriller game for awhile, and I strolled upon Alan Wake and decided to give it a chance. It...
-
Ahhhh yeah. Time for some LEGO Harry Potter time. This time around, I realized that I'd be a lot more efficient at beating these level...
-
A lot of people ask me how I do it, and, after you get the hang of things, it's pretty simple. I personally primarily use a GameBridge...
-
When it comes to console gaming, I've been around quite awhile. In fact, I played NES (or the Nintendo Entertainment System) before I co...
-
So far, I've only been interested in doing Extreme Let's Plays of video games so far because it's what I play. I really only pla...
-
Ah, the start of one of my favorite video games ever, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time for the Super Nintendo SNES system....
-
Here's video of me playing the video game Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, the first level. The game started off quite confusingly, and I...
-
This is obviously a learning process for everyone. When it comes to humor, the only thing that you can really do to become "better...
-
To this date, all of the Extreme Let's Play video game videos have been posted on Blip.tv. We love Blip.tv because of its modest limitat...
-
If you want to watch some awesome Let's Plays of video games, go to the home page ! But when it comes to the history of things, I, lik...
EXTREME LET'S PLAY
video games | let's play gaming | playing video | games | playthrough | xbox | xbox 360 | playstation 3 | playstation 2 | ps3 | super nintendo | snes | sega genises | lets play | letsplay | commentary on video games | video game walkthrough | funny lets play | gamecube | nes | netflix video games | computer games | games for ps2 | games for wii | games for playstation | xbox ps3 | the video game | game reviews | video game reviews | top rated video games | best video games | videos of games | video game play | play video game
EXTREME Let's Play
Where being good at the game is made up with extremeness.
0 comments:
Post a Comment